The House Sustainable Education Task Force has released an agenda for their final meeting on Monday, December 29. The meeting time has been shortened and is now is scheduled from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m., instead of 1:00 - 9:00 p.m.
You can follow the meeting on AKLEG TV (live-streaming on the internet) or call in to the teleconference at 1-855-463-5009 (463-5009 if you are in Juneau). Please use the teleconference option only if you are planning to testify or if it would be difficult for you to access hearings through AKLEG TV, since there is limited teleconference capacity.
- Comparison of 2013-14 and 2014-15 funding levels by district
- Presentation of 2013-14 SBA scores
- LB&A studies update: stable & predictable funding for basic education needs; school size factor
- School design & construction update
- Dept. of Administration update on salary & benefits proposal
- Update on Ketchikan lawsuit and the impacts on the formula/state funding
- School transportation contracts update
- Outstanding bonds for school construction and 2015 major maintenance list
- K-3 literacy screening
- Public Testimony
- Task force member remarks and recommendations
- Closing remarks
The RFPs for the studies the Legislative Budget & Audit Committee are conducting under HB 278 are now available online:
Thanks, I hope everyone's having a wonderful and relaxing holiday season.
Shana Crondahl, Alaska Education Update