Below is an update on the studies required by HB 278:
· School Design & Construction Study, DEED: A request for proposals and award of the bid will be completed by fall, 2014. The contractor will then have six to eight months to complete the study. The study is due to the legislature by June 15, 2015.
· Salary & Benefits Study, Dept. of Administration: Study not yet begun. I’m waiting to hear back from the Dept. of Administration on a timeline for the study.
· Public School Funding Studies, Legislative Budget & Audit Committee (LB&A): An LB&A subcommittee will be appointed on Wednesday (see meeting announcement below). The subcommittee will then develop the request for proposals, and the RFPs will go public sometime in October. The bids for the RFPs will then be reviewed by the subcommittee and bid awards will be made. There is not yet a timeline for this study.
· Legislative Budget & Audit Committee, Wednesday, August 6, 1:30 p.m.
o Appoint subcommittee for HB 278 Public School Funding Studies (last item on a very long agenda)
· Administrative Regulation Review, Wednesday, August 13, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
o Repealing the HSGQE & requiring students to take the ACT, SAT, or WorkKeys (agenda)